Today Baltika Breweries, part of the CarlsbergGroup, is:
- one of the largest FMCG companies in Russia;
- the leader in the Russian beer market with market share over 38 %;
- morethan 30 national and regional beer brands (Baltika, Arsenalnoe, Nevskoe, Yarpivo, Tuborg, Carlsberg, Holsten, Kronenbourg 1664, Grimbergen, several regional brands, etc.) and 9 non-beer brands;
- пproducerofBaltikabrand,best-selling beer brand in Europe and one of the three most valuable brands in Russia.
- 10 breweriesinRussiawithtotalmonthlycapacityof 51 mlnhl in St Petersburg, Yaroslavl, Tula, Voronezh, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, Chelyabinsk, Krasnoyarsk, Khabarovsk, and Novosibirsk;
- 2 malt houses and agroproject;
- Appr. 8500 jobs in the regions where company operates;
- Largest Russian exporter with products represented in over 75 countries in Western Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific region.
Baltika Breweries was founded in St Petersburg in 1990. The use of modern equipment and advanced technologies allowed manufacturing top-quality products; thanks to that Baltika Breweries has been No.1 on the Russian beer market since 1996.
Throughout its history, Baltika has developed dynamically – acquired breweries, built new ones from the ground up, and actively expanded its marketing network. At the end of 2006, Baltika merged with three other Russian brewing companies – Vena, Pikra, and Yarpivo.
Since 2008, the Company has been a significant part of Carlsberg Group and its East Europe region including Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
Baltika Breweries has always paid special attention to quality: all company breweries use modern equipment and advanced quality management systems, and only the best raw materials are used for production.The Company brands have brought home more than 600 Russian and international awards of professional and consumer contests.The Company’s diverse brand portfolio allows satisfying the most sophisticated taste. Baltika products account for approx. 70% of the Russian beer export.
Focus on innovation is one of the guiding principles of Baltika Breweries. This applies to developing brand portfolio – introducing new products and packaging to the Russian market, as well as to manufacturing processes, logistics, and marketing.One of the latest achievements in this area – two new varieties of brewing barley developed by Baltika and Carlsberg Group expert according to Null-LOX technology: Chill and Cheerio. The varieties have been entered into the State register of selection achievements of the Russian Federation.
Baltika Breweries is one of the largest taxpayers accounting for a major part of tax revenues in the cities where it operates. In 2013, company tax payments into budgets and extra-budgetary funds of all levels amounted to RUB 70.8 billion. The company actively participates in community events and social projects at the regional and national level. Baltika traditionally provides help to healthcare, educational, and social security sectors, and has been supporting amateur and professional sports.In 2011 Baltika received the status of official beer supplier to the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games.
In 2012, Carlsberg Group and Baltika Breweries signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) to invest within five years up to RUB 1 billion (around EUR 25 mln) in environmental projects in Russia related to water, agriculture and climate change. This public-private partnership is the first of its kind in Russia and represents a new way of thinking about environmental sustainability.
Baltika Breweries develops programs to promote responsible beer sales and consumption culture. Beer is a drink for responsible adults. Restricting access to beer for minors is one the principles observed and actively promoted by the Company through “Beer Patrols” – initiatives to prevent beer sales to minors.