August 2, 2011
In line with the company's growth ambition and the recent announcement to drive global performance improvement measures, AkzoNobel has announced country leadership and several business unit appointments.
- Lin Liangqi has been appointed President AkzoNobel China, in addition to his role as Managing Director of Decorative Paints China and North Asia.
- Jaap de Jong, previously a Principal at McKinsey & Company, has been appointed Regional Director Latin America and President AkzoNobel Brazil.
- Amit Jain remains Group Managing Director for India, in addition to his role as Managing Director of Decorative Paints India and South Asia.
The appointment of the country leaders coincides with several leadership changes within the company's businesses.
- Bob Taylor, currently Managing Director of AkzoNobel Marine and Protective Coatings (M&PC), will become Managing Director of Decorative Paints North America.
- Rob Molenaar will move from AkzoNobel Powder Coatings to become the new Managing Director of M&PC.
- AB Ghosh, currently Director of the Automotive and Aerospace Coatings Americas business, will succeed Rob Molenaar as Managing Director Powder Coatings.
"These appointments strengthen the company's senior leadership in key markets. The leadership changes will capture growth and business opportunities, and will help drive a common agenda across AkzoNobel," said Marjan Oudeman, AkzoNobel's Executive Committee member responsible for Organizational Development and HR.
- - -
AkzoNobel is the largest global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals. We supply industries and consumers worldwide with innovative products and are passionate about developing sustainable answers for our customers. Our portfolio includes well known brands such as Dulux, Sikkens, International and Eka. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are a Global Fortune 500 company and are consistently ranked as one of the leaders in the area of sustainability. With operations in more than 80 countries, our 55,000 people around the world are committed to excellence and delivering Tomorrow's Answers Today(TM).
Not for publication - for more information
Corporate Media Relations, tel. +31 20 502 78 33 Corporate Investor Relations, tel. +31 20 502 78 56
Contact: Tim van der Zanden Contact: Huib Wurfbain, Ivar Smits