Herzogenaurach, June 22, 2011 - The adidas Group today announced plans to open its biggest distribution center in Niedersachsenpark, Germany, in the first half of 2013. The planned distribution center will consolidate all flows and services under one roof for all three sales channels of both the adidas and Reebok brands: Wholesale, Own Retail and eCommerce. More than 200 permanent jobs will be created and a total amount of more than EUR 100 million will be invested by the time of the planned completion in 2013.
"Until 2015, we want to grow our business to € 17 billion. The new distribution center will enable us to bring our products faster and more efficiently to our customers and consumers," said Herbert Hainer, adidas Group CEO. "This major investment in a state-of-the-art facility in Niedersachsenpark also clearly shows our commitment to our home market, Germany."
From the planned distribution center in Niedersachsenpark, products will be delivered all across Western Europe with annual throughput expected to exceed 100 million pieces by 2015. Standardized distribution processes, full automation and integrated IT solutions will ensure a high level of service to customers across Western Europe.
"The adidas Group's new distribution center in Germany will support the ambitious growth targets of our company over the years to come. At the same time, this facility will enable us to reduce complexity, increase productivity and offer better services to our customers," commented Glenn Bennett, Executive Board Member of the adidas Group, responsible for Global Operations.
Ground is planned to be broken at the Niedersachsenpark location in August 2011. The go-live of the facility is expected to take place in the first half of 2013 with the distribution center forecasted to reach its full capacity by 2015. The facility will be part of the adidas Group's Green Company initiative which aims to reduce the environmental footprint of the Group's own locations.
Media Relations Investor Relations
Jan Runau John-Paul O'Meara
Chief Corporate Communication Officer Vice President Investor Relations
Tel.: +49 (0) 9132 84-3830 Tel.: +49 (0) 9132 84-2751
Katja Schreiber Christian Stoehr
Senior Corporate PR Manager Investor Relations Manager
Tel.: +49 (0) 9132 84-3810 Tel.: +49 (0) 9132 84-4989
Investor Relations Manager
Tel.: +49 (0) 9132 84-3461
Please visit our corporate website: www.adidas-Group.com
Key Facts - Planned adidas Group Distribution Center in Niedersachsenpark:
- Location: Niedersachsenpark, North of Osnabrück/North-West Germany
- Biggest adidas Group distribution centre worldwide in terms of throughput
- Break ground planned for August 2011
- Opening expected in the first half of 2013
- Investment of more than EUR 100 million over the next three years
- More than 200 permanent jobs will be created
- Throughput expected to exceed 100 million pieces annually by 2015
- Inventory in peak times to exceed 35 million pieces by 2015
- Distribution Center will handle Wholesale, Own Retail and eCommerce orders for both adidas and Reebok
- Products will be delivered across all of Western Europe
- In total, facility will cover 55,000 m² which makes it a highly compact facility
- Parts of the distribution center will reach a height of 38 meter