- Fans given the exclusive opportunity to review one of Sony Ericsson's two latest additions before their official launches
May 19th, 2011, London, UK: Sony Ericsson is today launching a competition to find the best reviewer of one of its two new feature phones. Reaching out to a Facebook fanbase of over 4.5 million, entrants will be asked to first answer a simple question then explain why they should get the chance to be the first to review one of them. 12 lucky fans will then receive a phone and be asked to design an entertaining 45 second video review. 4 of the best video reviews will then be featured on Facebook where other fans will vote for their favourite. The review that receives the most 'likes' will then receive the grand prize - a set of 10 more for their family and friends.
"This is an exciting new competition to help us to keep in touch with our fans. Whether they are social media addicts or karaoke kings and queens, this is a great opportunity for them to get involved with our products before anyone else. Once launched, these two new phones will add even greater choice to our existing line-up of entertaining phones." said Quentin Cordier, Product Marketing Manager, Sony Ericsson.
How to get involved:
- Visit the Facebook page to guess the names of the phones and explain why you would make a great reviewer in 50 words or less.
- Return to the competition page on the 31st May to find out whether you are one of the lucky 12 to receive a handset.
- The 12 finalists will then create and submit a 45 second video review before 6th June.
- On 7th June see if your review is on the site for fans to 'like'.
- Follow the competition to see which are the most liked reviews until the final winner is announced on the 13th June.
- ENDS -
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by network
preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2011
The Liquid Identity logo and Xperia are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Corporation. Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/legal/disclaimer.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All terms are subject to change without prior notice.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, SE-221 88 Lund, Sweden.
Printed in January 2010, R1A
About Sony Ericsson
Sony Ericsson celebrates its 10th year as a joint venture between Sony Corporation and Ericsson in October, 2011. Over the years Sony Ericsson has brought together the best communication technologies with superior entertainment user experiences to create its Xperia(TM) line of the 'most entertaining smartphones' in the mobile handset industry. With its global corporate functions in London, Sony Ericsson has sales and marketing operations in all major regions of the world, as well as manufacturing in China, and product development sites in China, Japan, Sweden and Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.sonyericsson.com/press.
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Sony Ericsson Global Communications & PR
Kajsa Petersson +46 70 666 4985
General Press: +44 208 762 5858
Product images: www.sonyericsson.com/press