adidas to supply official match balls for UEFA club football competitions until 2018
Herzogenaurach / Nyon, December 15th, 2011 - adidas and UEFA today announced the extension of their long-term partnership for the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League as well as the UEFA Super Cup and UEFA Women's Champions League. The deal will see adidas extend its long-term partnership for each competition until 2018, further strengthening its position as the world's leading football brand.
As the Official Supplier Partner for the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League, adidas will continue to supply bespoke official match balls for both tournaments. In the new agreement, adidas will hold the rights to design and market the exclusive UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League branded sportswear and will continue to support the UEFA Young Champions grassroots event as well as outfit the volunteers for both finals.
''Being associated with the biggest club tournaments in Europe - the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League - will allow us to further strengthen and extend our global football market leadership,'' said Herbert Hainer, CEO of the adidas Group.
Commenting on the agreement, David Taylor, CEO UEFA Events S.A. said:
"We are very pleased that adidas has chosen to renew and further extend its agreement with UEFA for our European club football competitions. This extension proves the strength of our business relationship and ensures that adidas remains at the heart of European club football. Our continued collaboration will bring new opportunities for the promotion of the very best of European football to a worldwide audience."
adidas and UEFA have a shared history and passion for football which they aim to develop further through the new partnership:
- adidas will offer a high-performance product range worldwide featuring the insignia of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League
- Bespoke UEFA Champions League corners will be set up in all adidas own-retail stores offering insignia product ranges for the tournament
- The UEFA Champions League match officials will sport a special kit featuring the UEFA starball design
- adidas will offer a bespoke UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League apparel and accessories range for each respective final
- Further UEFA Champions League grass roots programs will be set up complete with UEFA Champions League inspired apparel ranges
- adidas will also produce and supply the official match ball for the UEFA Women's Champions League and UEFA Futsal Cup Finals.
adidas producing official match balls since 1970
adidas' experience in football production is unequalled. adidas has been making footballs since 1963 and is now the world's leading manufacturer, always at the cutting edge of technology.
adidas has supplied the official match balls to all major UEFA and FIFA tournaments since 1970, and since 2006 is also the Official Supplier of the match ball for all UEFA Champions League games. The adidas Finale ball has been used for the UEFA Champions League Final since the 2000/2001 season. adidas has also produced the official match ball for the UEFA Europa League since the 2009/10 season.